I am honoured to be a contributor to Uplift – a collaborative series of conscious healing for hurting hearts this holiday season.
I have been blogging since 2002 when I started my first blog The Raven in the Rose Garden so imagine my surprise the other day when I opened my emails to find that Nicole Cody of Cauldrons & Cupcakes had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I had been thinking that I had not blogged in some time and that I should make more of an effort in 2012, so this was the perfect opportunity to get back to it.
The Rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
So here goes! Seven things about me:
1. I love photography – I was given my first camera – a polaroid – for my 10th birthday
2. My favourite colour is pink
3. I would love to have a raven as a pet.
4. I live in Esperance which has the best beaches in the world
5. I am a self-taught artist
6. Writing and art journaling are among my favourite activities
7. Heather Blakey from Soul Food Cafe first introduced me to blogging.
11 recently discovered (and some not so recently discovered) blogs – in no particular order – I couldn’t come up with 15 and these 11 are important to me :
1. Collage Diva – the blog of my dear friend Kathryn Antyr; writer, artist and connector
2. Susanna’s Sketchbook – creator of the public art project Winged Messengers
3. Spiritual Evolution of the Bean – Mandala Artist Stephanie Smith
4. Provenance – The genealogical search for her family and its history
5. Sarah Salway – Writer and Canterbury Laureate
6. The Midnight Orange – sculpture artist
7. CarlyMarie Project Heal – Healing after Pregnancy & Infant Loss
8. Zentangle – creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns
9. Susannah Conway – Photographer, writer and workshop creator
10. Soul Food Cafe – where 10 years ago I started blogging.
11. On and Off the Page – Writing, Life, Art, Photography & Journaling by Lynn Fisher
I have had the Still Life 365 Travelling Journal and the Travelling Gnome, here for the past week. I thought long and hard about what I would share for my journal entry. I decided on a piece called On Joy and Sorrow by Kahlil Gibran . It was a reading that was used at the funeral service of our sons.